“Elaboudy´s lawyers are at the top of their profession in Egypt and have a very deep base of knowledge concerning trade remedies and customs matters.”
Our International Trade & Customs professionals possess a deep and nuanced understanding of the complexities and challenges confronting our clients. We take great pride in our ability to deliver comprehensive legal solutions by forming form uniquely tailored response teams, comprised of professionals with the right subject matter and industry expertise.
The scope of our international trade and customs experience ranges from legal issues arising under the WTO Agreement, FTAs, the Egyptian Customs Duties Law, the FTA Implementation Act, the Foreign Exchange Transactions Law, to other customs- and trade-related treaties, laws, and regulations.
Our practice has earned the reputation as the leading Egyptian law firm assisting companies in developing and executing strategies to ensure market access, and to minimize international trade-related risks. We represent companies in a wide variety of industries on customs and trade matters. In bilateral and multilateral settings, we also provide legal advice to the government in negotiations and dispute resolution proceedings.
ELLEBOUDY Advocates provides legal Customs services for about 22 years in Egypt. We provide full range of legal services including but not limited to consultation, litigation and non-litigation cases, defense of criminal smuggling suspects, foreign trade, and commodity inspection, customs protection of intellectual properties, customs duty, and trade investigations.
The major services are as follows:
1) Advising or representing of clients on duty collections and recovery, customs external audits, Inspection over custom duties.
2) Consulting and acting for clients on custom clearances, custom supervisions and controls, processing trade, commodity inspections and quarantine, foreign trade controls, trade investigations, foreign exchange verification, and export tax rebates.
3) Providing legal assistance, advice and defence of criminal smuggling suspects.
4) inspection over bonded operations, querying commodity classification and declared value, negotiation on dutiable value, laboratory analyses and inspections, custom administrative penalties, custom administrative reconsideration, and applying for custom administrative licenses.
5) Applying for duty reductions and exemptions, advance commodity classifications, clearance registration, establishment of bonded warehouses and export supervised warehouses, re-testing of custom laboratory analyses and inspections.
6) Dealing with appeals or re-appeals of valid custom administrative penalties, duty collections, and custom administrative litigation.
7) Applying to Egypt Customs for recording and protection of intellectual property rights, providing general security for Customs protection of intellectual properties, releasing the detained suspected infringing goods after a security provided, and taking legal proceedings against intellectual property infringement.