Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights
Elaboody Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group is one of the most active insolvency practices in Egypt.
• We offer a 360-degree perspective on bankruptcy transactions, counseling both debtors and creditors to find creative solutions to bankruptcy issues.
• We leverage broad market sector knowledge in the finance, communications, real estate, transportation, hospitality, healthcare, technology and manufacturing sectors to help evaluate and structure transactions to avoid the pitfalls of a subsequent insolvency.
Working with Elaboudy Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group means having one of the most active insolvency law practices in Egypt on your side – as well as one of the few major practices with a 360-degree view of bankruptcy transactions. We counsel both debtors and creditors and we are committed to finding creative solutions to bankruptcy issues through negotiation, litigation or a transnational approach.
Our bankruptcy attorneys represent debtors, creditors’ committees, bondholder committees, financial institutions, secured creditors, indenture trustees, bankruptcy trustees, asset acquirers, claims traders, and companies doing business with distressed companies, both in and out of court, in a variety of industries.
We have broad market sector knowledge in the finance, communications, real estate, transportation, hospitality, healthcare, technology and manufacturing sectors. We also help evaluate and structure transactions to avoid the pitfalls of a subsequent insolvency.
Because of our wide spectrum of clients, we are experienced in all aspects of bankruptcy practice, including:
• representing debtors in and out of court
• formulating and obtaining confirmation of plans of reorganization, liquidating plans and prepackaged plans
• protecting the interests of financial institutions in connection with secured claims
• representing unsecured creditor and bondholder committees
• cram-down litigation
• proceedings relation to assumption and rejection of unexpired leases and executor contracts
• litigation of avoidance actions
• debtor-in-possession financing
• valuation proceedings
• automatic stay litigation
• bankruptcy appeals
Transactions Involving Insolvent Entities
We have significant experience in the purchase or sale of financially distressed businesses, and in advising directors, officers and shareholders in connection with transactions involving an insolvent entity. We are equally at home accomplishing a client’s goals through negotiation, litigation or a transactional approach. Our lawyers are skilled in both the transactional and litigation aspects of bankruptcy.