Our specialized attorneys are focused on safeguarding businesses across the corporate and commercial sector, both locally and internationally. We help our clients establish their companies lawfully, guiding them through both company and investment law.
Our Hospitality Law Group addresses the legal and business issues important to the restaurant and lodging industry. Timeliness and service are critical in the hospitality business, so too in representing the hospitality business. Developing a successful restaurant or lodging venture – whether it includes a single unique site or partnering with a chain or retail mixed-use purveyors – requires a sophisticated business and legal analysis.
Attorneys in our group have extensive experience in every phase of restaurant and lodging development, from assisting with site selection and approvals, choice of the business entity most advantageous for tax purposes, drafting and negotiating leases, and obtaining the necessary licensing and permitting to open and operate a successful establishment. We provide essential business and legal advice in all areas especially important to the hospitality industry, and have represented many businesses in all phases of their operations, including leasing, incorporation, licensing, franchising, alcohol compliance, premises liability, food and beverage liability claims and litigation involving a myriad of business issues.
We are available from the initial planning stages of a venture through the estate and succession planning which an owner may require for the smooth transition of a business to the next generation.
• Purchase and financing throughout the Egypt of urban and suburban full service flagged and boutique hotels ranging in room size from 20 to 625.
• Purchase and financing throughout the Egypt of limited service and extended stay hotels, including portfolios of properties.
• Conversion of full service, limited service and extended stay hotels to other franchises.
• Sale of full service, limited service and extended stay hotels and land sites.
• Land acquisition, development, construction, management and financing of individual and portfolios of all-suite, full service, limited service and extended stay hotels.
• Lender representation of acquisition or refinance transactions on full service, limited service, extended stay and mixed use projects.
• Lender representation in (i) obtaining court appointed receivers to manage and run projects after loan defaults, and (ii) foreclosures of numerous hotels, including the transfer of licenses and permits to Lender Subsidiaries.
• Workouts and restructuring of hotel loans, management agreements and franchise agreements.
• Negotiation of management agreements for all levels of hotels throughout the Egypt on behalf of owner and third-party management company clients.
• Negotiation of franchise agreements for all levels of hotels throughout the Egypt on behalf of franchisee and franchisor clients.